Andrea E. Welter is a transactional attorney at Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., in Denver, Colorado. She practices in the areas of business transactions; corporate law; corporate governance; entity selection and formation; finance (startup and operating entities); federal and state securities compliance; mergers and acquisitions; contracts; intellectual property (trademarks and copyright)and non-profit organizations. Ms. Welter’s work includes the preparation of disclosure documents for financing transactions, as well as agreements for business and real estate transactions, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, company dissolutions, lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and securities compliance for public companies. Ms. Welter has also advised business development companies, investment companies and real estate investment trusts on formation, compliance and operational/investment matters.
LLM, University of Denver Taxation Program (2007)
JD, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (2006)
BSB, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
Areas of Expertise:
Corporate Financing, Venture Capital Financing, Real Estate Financing
Mergers and Acquisitions
Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Joint Ventures
Trademarks, Copyright, Licensing
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Colorado Rising Star, 2011-2017
- Colorado Firefighter Calendar, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization (Director and Secretary 2010-2018)
- American Bar Association, Business and Tax Sections
- Colorado Bar Association, Business, Intellectual Property and Tax Sections (Executive Council Member 2011-2013)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Minoru Yasui Inn of Courts (Executive Committee Member 2007-2010)
- Denver University Law Review (2005-2006)
- Colorado, 2006
- Limited Liability Companies, Co-Author with Herrick K. Lidstone, Jr., Rozansky and Reichert’s Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Business Organizations (Colorado Bar Assn. 2013).
- SEC Proposed Amendments to Regulation D, Form D, and Rule 156 of the Securities Act, Colorado Bar Association Business Law Section Newsletter, July 2013.
- Withholding Requirements with Regard to a Non-US Resident Employee or Independent Contractors, Colorado Bar Association Business Law Section Newsletter, June 2010.