Theresa M. Mehringer
Theresa M. Mehringer is a shareholder of the Firm.
Ms. Mehringer practices in the areas of corporate finance, securities and business transactions, and real estate joint ventures. Ms. Mehringer focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities compliance for both public and private companies, and general corporate and tax matters that arise in connection with complex business transactions.
University of Denver, LL.M. (Taxation), 1993
University of Denver, J.D.,1991
University of Colorado, B.S. (Business), 1988
Areas of Expertise:
Securities and Corporate finance
Mergers and Acquisitions
Venture Capital Financing
Commercial Real Estate Financing
Representative Transactions:Ms. Mehringer’s practice is a mix of complex business transactions where she provides high level corporate finance expertise. She has represented numerous public and private companies in financings, mergers/acquisitions, and joint ventures. Following are a few of the more significant areas in which she has been engaged:
- Independent counsel to Board of Trustees of Mutual Fund Family
- Fund formation and compliance under Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act for Business Development Companies, Private Equity Funds and Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Corporate Governance for public and private companies
- Investments, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures for private funds, real estate ventures, REITS and BDCs
- Represented clients in over 200 merger, acquisition or disposition transactions in last 10 years alone
- Share acquisition of private companies by public companies and related cross-border offerings
- Complex MSA/SAAS/licensing transactions
- Public (registered) and private (exempt) financings including debt, equity, licensing and many combinations thereof
- “Access to Capital” delivered to South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce (March 21, 2013)
- “Private Placements, The Internet and Securities Law for the General Practitioner,” presented at a continuing education conference (September 22, 2006).
- “Sarbanes-Oxley and the SEC’s Proposed Rules Regarding Standards of Professional Conduct for Attorneys Dealing with Public Company Clients,” presented to The Law Club (November 18, 2002).
- “Business Formation and Expansion Basics,” addressing topics of importance for a small company anticipating outside financing, delivered to The Law Club (March 18, 2002).
- “The Use of Buy-Sell Agreements in Retaining Control of a Business,” delivered to the American Society of Women Accountants (June 20, 1995)
- Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Burns Figa & Will, P.C., (2005 – present)
- American Bar Association, Business and Tax Sections
- Colorado Bar Association, Business and Tax Sections
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Denver and Arapahoe Bar Associations
- Member – Economic Development Group for South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- Arapahoe Library Friends Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors (2000-2008)
- The Law Club: President (2001-2002), Vice President (2000-2001), Secretary (1999-2000), Treasurer (1998-1999)
- Volunteer basketball coach for girls ages 5 to 14 (2001-present)
- Colorado 1991