Matt Dillman has been with the firm since 1999 and is head of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. Matt’s practice focuses on real estate transactions, leasing, land use development, and solving real estate related disputes.
Matt has handled a wide variety of acquisitions and sales, including:
- Office Buildings
- Retail Centers
- Industrial Properties
- Apartments Complexes
- Vacant Land
Matt represents landlords and tenants in commercial leasing matters, including:
- Office Leases
- Retail Leases
- Industrial Leases
In addition to his purchase, sale and leasing work, Matt represents developers and property owners in land use and entitlement projects, including:
Matt spent the early part of his career as a litigator and trial attorney, having successfully handled numerous real estate and commercial cases. Matt likes to say that he is a recovering litigator, but his experience in the courtroom has taught him the importance of attention to detail when handling transactions, and gives him unique insight when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of positions and arguments.
Matt prides himself on providing great client service and has a proven track record of bringing about excellent results for his clients.
Matt is a member of the firm’s Executive Management Committee.
University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1999
Colgate University, B.A., 1994
Areas of Expertise:
Real Estate Transactions
Land Use Development
- Represents a Denver-based real estate investment and development company and has handled over 25 transactions involving the purchase and sale of retail, office, and industrial properties throughout Colorado.
- Serves as landlord’s leasing counsel for Washington-based real estate investment and development company with respect to one million square foot office portfolio in Boulder, Colorado
- Represents Denver-based development company that handles preferred development for national retailers.
- Represents a Midwest-based developer in the development of a full service hotel in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Represented a drilling company in the acquisition and development of industrial properties in Montana, West Virginia and Colorado
- Represents a New York-based real estate investment company and has handled the acquisition and leasing of multiple warehouse properties to the cannabis industry.
- Represented a California-based natural juice company in multiple retail leases when the client expanded its operations to Colorado.
- Represented the landlord in a long-term ground lease to a national grocery store chain in Glendale, Colorado.
- Represented the tenant in a 100,000 square foot warehouse and office lease in Jefferson County, Colorado.
- Represented the seller of an apartment complex in Denver, Colorado.
- Represented a local country club in the sale of a golf course/land transaction
- Represented a local custom and spec home builder in the development and sale of homes around Denver.
- DMCAR (Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors) – General Counsel/Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate – Colorado Real Estate Journal April 4, 2012
- Surface Owner, Mineral Holder: Negotiating for Surface Use – Colorado Real Estate Journal August 20, 2014